3 things she could have done to help her beer taste better:
- Don't let the water boil when soaking the malted grains!!! The water should be no hotter than 170f.
- Hydrate the yeast before adding it to the fermenter.
- Leave the lid off the boil kettle, there are compounds given off during the boil that should not be trapped by a lid (partially open isn't horrible, but no lid would be a safe bet).
4 things that were not shown but are very important:
- Sanitize the fermenter before fermentation
- Sanitize the bottles before bottling
- Add 3/4 cup of corn suger before bottling so your beer will be carbonated.
- Keep your fermenter in the dark, or cover it with a dark cloth to ensure the beer isn't light-struck.