Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer Hiatus

In spite of my efforts at insulation, the temperature in my garage is just too high to ferment, and will probably remain so for the next 4-5 months. I will probably purchase a freezer with a temperature controller to permit me to continue brewing, but funds are low for the next few weeks so I will have to wait and see how this quarter at my company goes. If I get a bonus in July I will probably get the freezer and try a Lager. I hope so since that is what most people I know drink and I am very interested to give it a try.

I have been training for a century, which I rode last weekend, and that has cut into my drinking, and brewing time too. Now that that is done, I hope to do some more tastings and post the results here, so stay tuned!

Big Brew Update

A brief update on the 4 brews:

Cascade Hops with West Coast Ale Yeast - Tastes just like before, too cloudy, too sweet. I will try again later and lower the mash temperatures. Also, the starter didn't have enough time so I will try to fix that later too.

Fuggle Hops with Coopers Yeast - Nasty

Fuggle Hops with Safeale Yeast - Tasty, I will offer up a more detailed tasting later.

Fuggle Hops with London Ale Yeast - Not too bad, I will offer up a more detailed tasting later.