Friday, January 30, 2009

Tasting: Michelob Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale


Tasting: Chilled to ~40 degrees (f) from a pint glass.

Appearance: 3/3 Clear amber color, the beer is very clear for a winter seasonal
Head: 3/3 Nice creamy head of fine bubbles that thins slowly and remains around the rim.
Aroma: 3/3 A wonderful malt, some vanilla and subdued hops.
Flavor: 2/3 Somewhat sweet, with vanilla, hops and malt.
Mouth feel: 2.5/3 Medium-light body, medium-low carbonation, light on the palette.
Overall: 2/3 A decent beer, but not special as a seasonal offering, a bit too much vanilla for me.
Buzz: 2.5/3  6% abv

I really enjoy most of Michelob's craft beer series.  Although I don't purchase them very often (this bottle I received in trade for some other beer from a neighbor), they are well made, look great, and taste good too.   Unfortunately this beer is not one I would pick up again.  As I continued to drink it, it tasted more and more like a vanilla cream soda.

No comments: