Friday, February 8, 2008

Tasting: Otter Creek Pale Ale


Tasting: Chilled to ~40 degrees (f) from a pint glass.

Appearance: 3/3 nice golden color, clear.
Head: 2/3 thin head.
Aroma: 2/3 Citrusy, hoppy smell, almost lemony.
Flavor: 3/3 Hoppy smooth flavor, not too bitter on the tongue.
Mouth feel: 3/3 Medium/light carbonation, medium body, hoppy almost resinous aftertaste.
Overall: 2/3 This beer is quite drinkable, but not balanced. I think it would go well with a strongly flavored dish or heavy food, but not as enjoyable (to me) on it's own. It seemed more like a IPA to me than a Pale Ale.
Buzz: 3/3 Mild buzz after 1 glass.

I wanted to enjoy this beer since I had 4 12oz bottles in the beer club shipment, and since I heard of the brand from Andrew but alas, it wasn't for me.

1 comment:

Andrew Campbell said...

Eric:

Sorry you didn't care for the Otter Creek. I liked it because it was lighter in taste. If you check out my blog, you'll a couple of other brief beer reviews... you would probably like the Lagunitas Maximus, if like a nice, solid IPA.

You can send me the other three cans if you like. I could force them down.

best
A.