Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tasting: Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout



Tasting: Chilled to 50~60 degrees (f) from a pint glass.

Appearance: 3/3 dark, rich color, can't see through the glass.
Head: 2/3 Nice light head that lasts half the glass.
Aroma: 3/3 Amazing toasted malt aroma. I don't go crazy over coffee or chocolate aromas in my beer, this had none of that.
Flavor: 3/3 Very mild toasted malt flavor, subtly sweet, incredibly balanced as no single flavor stood out.
Mouth feel: 3/3 medium bodied, light fizz, very light sweetness lingers, very clean finish.
Overall: 3/3 I can't imagine how this beer could be better.
Buzz: 3/3 mellow buzz after 2/3 glass.

I was apprehensive on this beer since I did not enjoy the Samuel Smith lager I had a month or so ago. But this beer was really great.

No comments: