Monday, January 21, 2008

Tasting: Moylan's Imperial Stout


Tasting: Chilled to 45~55 degrees (f) from a pint glass.

Appearance: 3/3 dark, rich color that poured like tar from the bottle.
Head: 3/3 Thick, dark head that lasts the whole glass.
Aroma: 3/3 Great, very toasted malt aroma, on the edge of burnt, hints of chocolate and coffee.
Flavor: 2/3 Rich, toasted malt flavor, hoppy, the sweetness is masked by the malt and hops.
Mouth feel: 2/3 thick body, toasted flavor lingers, with hops and toasted malt lingering.
Overall: 2/3 This beer was a little too rough for me.
Buzz: 3/3 buzz after 1/2 glass.

My wife likes dark, hoppy beers so when I got my beer styles poster and saw the gravity and IBU, I wanted to get an Imperial Stout for her. She liked it, but it is not my style. I would like to taste one of these from a different brewery, maybe I just don't like Imperial Stouts.

No comments: