Monday, January 28, 2008

Tasting: Port Brewing Old Viscosity


I want to participate in the blogger's session on barleywine on Feb 1st so I was looking at dark beers to get me in the spirit ahead of time. I was drawn to Old Viscosity by the brewery, and by the fact that the beer is aged in Bourbon barrels.

Tasting: Chilled to ~50 degrees (f) from a pint glass. After last nights tasting, I decided to chill my beer a bit more.

Appearance: 3/3 very dark with tan head.
Head: 2/3 1 finger head that thins quickly, but lasts on the edges until the bottom of the glass.
Aroma: 3/3 Chocolate/Coffee/Caramel and a bit of hops.
Flavor: 3/3 Subtle sweetness with touch of bourbon and smoke. Toasted oak and DARK chocolate. Amazing
Mouth feel: 3/3 Medium-heavy bodied, light carbonation, aftertaste of baker's chocolate.
Overall: 3/3 Another amazing beer from Port Brewing. It is scary how good their beer is.
Buzz:3/3 good buzz after 2/3 glass.

No comments: